- We’re now accepting applications for youngsters aged 10 – 18 with visual, physical or hearing impairments to attend our annual summer camp in Badaguish. It’s an action-packed 3 days of adventure & loads of fun…best of all, you’ll get a couple of child-free nights 😊 Check out https://www.scottishdisabilitysport.com/summer-camp-10-12-july-2019/ for more information.
- Don’t forget to get your school-aged kids with physical, visual or hearing impairments signed up for this year’s FREE Grampian Parasport Festival. Loads of sports on offer to try including swimming, badminton, basketball & more! Sign up now here!
- We’ve also got our annual Grampian Games on the weekend of the 25th and 26th May & are offering friendly competition opportunities for people of all ages with physical, sensory or learning disabilities in boccia, table tennis, swimming, indoor bowls and 10-pin bowling. Download the registration forms at http://www.grampiandisabilitysport.org.uk/event/grampian-games/
- There’s a FREE Disability Inclusion Training workshop taking place in Keith, Moray, in May. If you’re a coach, teacher, activity leader, volunteer, helper, student or anyone keen to learn a bit more about how to make sport more inclusive, click here to book your space now & take advantage of the opportunity!
- For clubs and developing athletes in and around north/central Aberdeenshire, check out Inverurie Youth Sports Foundation, who provide support for young athletes and clubs. They are a great organisation who have funded some of our top para-athletes. More info is available at https://www.iysf.org.uk/how-we-help
- Finally, for any coaches, committee members, officials, leaders etc who need to renew their Child Protection training, Sport Aberdeen is now offering the new Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport workshop. Click here for more details.
Be sure to follow our local news, events and opportunities on our Facebook page (Grampian Disability Sport), Twitter page (@SDSGrampian) and on our website (www.grampiandisabilitysport.org.uk).