Opportunities & support for participants & athletes
- For anyone with an interest in bowls (of all abilities and ages), entries for our Grampian Regional Lawn Bowls Championships closes this FRIDAY! Get your entry form at http://www.grampiandisabilitysport.org.uk/event/grampian-lawn-bowls-championships/
- ASN Summer Camp (Aberdeen City School Pupils only): Monday – Friday during the school holidays. Poster is attached & bookings can be made at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/ASNSummerCamp/ ASN-Summer-Camp.docx (19 downloads)
- Moray Council has produced a list of their services to support children & families in the area. Please see the attached document for more details. Directory-of-Services-for-Children-and-Families-with-Disabilities-in-Moray-May-2019.docx (19 downloads)
- Aberdeen City’s ‘Summer in the City’ guide is now available to view at http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/fis. Some great inclusive activities taking place over the summer holidays for young people & families!
- For any youngsters interested in playing wheelchair basketball (whether they use a wheelchair in daily life or not), the RGK Regional Junior Festival takes place in Stirling on the 6th July. If your young person is interested in attending the event, please see the attached info/eligibility form & get in touch so that I can put you in contact with the team manager. Scottish-Regional-Junior-Festival-2019-Eligibility-Criteria-Rules.docx (16 downloads)
- Check out the attached email from Gertsen Table Tennis for information on Table Tennis opportunities in Moray & Highland regions. Highland-Table-Tennis.docx (16 downloads)
- FREE Adult & Family bike rides are being offered by Outfit Moray! Check out the attached posters for more information. Cycling-Scotland.docx (16 downloads) Cycling-Scotland-Family-1.docx (15 downloads)
Opportunities for coaches
- Inverurie Youth Sports Foundation Sports Coaching Conference: 8th Sept at Garioch Sports Centre. High level speakers attending & only £11 (which includes breakfast)! IYSF-Sports-Coaching-Conference-2019.pdf (16 downloads)
- PAMIS SOMA course (a course designed to help coaches & leaders run sporting activities for people with profound physical impairments): 18th June in Dundee. FREE spaces are on offer to coaches & leaders residing in Grampian. Check out the info at https://pamissomadundee.eventbrite.co.uk.
- Judy Murray Foundation is running a FREE workshop at Garioch Sports Centre to help coaches design and run fun tennis-based summer camps. Please see the attached poster for details. Judy-Murray-Foundation.docx (15 downloads) Tennis-Ball.docx (15 downloads)
- Attached is the latest newsletter from Aberdeen Multiple Sclerosis Society MS-Society-Newsletter-SUMMER-2019.pdf (18 downloads)
Finally, a quick reminder to follow our local news and events on Facebook (Grampian Disability Sport), Twitter (@SDSGrampian) and through the Branch website (www.grampiandisabilitysport.org.uk).