- Please see the attached ASN School Sports Calendar for Grampian Schools. These events are all open to school-aged pupils with physical, sensory & learning disabilities, and autistic spectrum conditions. If you/your child is interested in finding out more about any of the events, please get in touch.
- Live Life Aberdeenshire & Aberdeenshire Sports Council’s “Conference 4 Clubs” event is being held on Sunday 3rd November at The Axis Centre in Newmachar from 10am to 3pm. This is a good opportunity for sports clubs to gain a better understanding of mental health issues.
- The latest Moray Sports Centre newsletter is available to view at https://mailchi.mp/85e0caffb1c4/msc-waiting-for-the-next-milestone-1797409?e=bf956baa47. Check out the great work they’re doing on adapted cycling – so exciting!
- Aquatics Aberdeen is now offering Disability Friendly Beginners’ Swimming classes in the small pool at Tullos Swimming Pool on Fridays from 17:00 – 17:30. If your school-aged child would benefit from this, please complete the application form at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/learntoswim-SchoolAge-Up-Application/ – and await a call back from the Aquatics Team. Classes can be booked in batches of 10 and cost £48.00 (or £24.00 if your child holds an Access to Leisure card).The classes will be operated by 2 teachers and, if they’re popular enough, Aquatics Aberdeen will look to offer more days & times.
- For anyone with a pupil in S3 who is taking Business Studies, please check out the attached flyer from Sustrans about an activity-based business challenge that they’re holding. Please feel free to pass this on to your child’s school.
- Powerchair Football & Boccia are running again this Sunday (and there are a whole host of other boccia sessions taking place right around Grampian during the week), so please see the attached posters for details & give it a go! All ages welcome!
C4C-Poster-2019-Final-Version.pdf (26 downloads) SUSTRANS-BIG-SPIN-CHALLENGE.pdf (37 downloads) Powerchair-Football-Poster.jpg (36 downloads) Grampian-Boccia-Opportunities.jpg (37 downloads) Conference-Application-Form.pdf (35 downloads) ASN-School-Sports-Calendar-201920.pdf (35 downloads)
To stay up to date with the latest news, opportunities and events, please be sure to follow our regional social media pages on Facebook (Grampian Disability Sport), Twitter (@SDSGrampian) and on our Branch website at www.grampiandisabilitysport.org.uk.